Thursday, April 2, 2015

Motivation, Passion, Addiction

It was a bright sunny day. Me and my friend were at the terrace of our apartment. He was busy clicking photographs and I had a pen and a pad. I wrote a line saying “Hey, when I started this the day was fine”. That one line stuck my mind like a lightning but nothing followed. I waited, looked up everywhere for the rhymes, scratched my brains like a maniac hoping something would come up! But nothing did. My friend came to me and said, what are you writing? I said, nothing much was trying to write a song. Surprised he said, a song? Like for a real one? I nodded. Let me help you with that initial line so that you could go further ahead. I was surprised by that keenness. I picked up my pen and began from the scratch.

All the words seem like a flowing river when you put your pen on the paper. I recollected myself and started to write. At first I blindly followed some of the artists (Poets of the Fall in my case). Read their lyrics, researched and decided not to get carried away with my own lyrics.

Whenever I look back at that moment I find it fascinating. Not only because I wrote a song but it was him, my friend who made me to write it. Friends are the one who change your lives. They often teach you the real meaning of the same. As far as that song was concerned; well, it didn’t get any real recognition or something but hey, it gave me a real satisfaction! I did write many songs after that. 
Fun fact: I titled that song as “Second Attempt”. Ain’t that cool?

Writing sometimes reflect the real you. You get addicted to it. Simply because you don’t think too much while doing so. You enjoy it and feel it at the utmost level of satisfaction. Because feeling is something which cannot be taught.

Writing Speaks Legitimacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment